Principles of a Good Website
Below are some guidelines to take into consideration when building your website
- WEBSITE PURPOSE - It should be clear to the customers what products you are selling
- NAVIGATION - Customers should be able to checkout using multiple methods. Call to Action should be displayed throughout the website.
- F-SHAPED PATTERN READING - The F- based pattern is the most common way visitors scan text on a website. Eye-tracking studies have found that most of what people see is in the top and left areas of the screen.
- CONTENT - Your photos should be cohesive and high quality. If you are not great at photography, this would be a field you want to invest in quality photos & content.
- LOAD TIME - Ensure your website loads quickly. A slow loading website is guaranteed to lose sales.
- MOBILE FRIENDLY - More people are using their phones or other devices to browse the web. It is important to consider building your website with a responsive layout where your website can adjust to different screens.